Passengers are subjected to the following hand-bag restrictions for domestic and international flight:
- Business: 2 items of luggage which can hold a maximum of 8kg. One personal piece of luggage
- Economy- One piece of luggage for hand with an maximum weight of 8. kg. One personal piece of luggage.
A REMINDING: Bulkhead seats do not include storage in the underseat for take-off or landing.
Passengers can avail the following allowances for free baggage for international flights:
- Business – 2 pieces of luggage each having the maximum weight of 32kg (70 pounds) with maximum dimensions of 150 cm (62 inches)
- Economy- Two pieces of luggage each having the maximum weight of 23kg (50 pounds) with maximum dimensions of 158cm (62 inches)
Passengers have the right to use an allowance for baggage that is free when traveling on domestic routes:
- Business- One piece of baggage that has a maximum weight of 32kg (70 pounds) and dimensions up to the size of 158cm (62 inches)
- Economy – 1 piece of baggage that has a maximum weight of 23kg (50 pounds) with dimensions that exceed the size of 158cm (62 inches)
Passengers who have frequent flier cards have the option of a different baggage allowances that are free. Check out the Egyptair site for further information here.
Bags must conform to the weight and size requirements unless specified otherwise.
- Maximum Dimensions: 158 cm/ 62 inches (length+width:height)
- Maximum Weight: 32 kg
Overweight Baggage Fees
Anything that exceeds the weight limit of free baggage specifications (24-32 kg) will be charged an additional fee depending on the place of departure as well as the final place of departure. To find out more information, go to Egyptair’s website here. Egyptair website here.
All passengers with luggage that is too heavy is required to check in within 90 minutes of the normal time for check-in in order to be charged extra charges. If a passenger exceeds the weight limit or size restrictions must repack their baggage.
Oversize Baggage Fees
The excess baggage that exceeds the free allowance for size (more than 158cmor 62 inches) is subject to a charge depending on the place of departure as well as the final place of departure. To find out more information, go to Egyptair’s website here. Egyptair website here.
Anyone with baggage that is too large is required to check in minimum 90 minutes in advance of the time they normally check in to be able to cover any additional costs. If a passenger exceeds the weight limit or dimensions must repack their bags.
Excess Baggage Fees
The excess baggage that exceeds the free baggage allowance (extra piece) will be charged a charge determined by the point that the baggage is leaving from and also the area. To find out more, go to this page on the Egyptair website here.
Anyone with baggage that is oversize must be at the airport minimum 90 minutes in advance of their scheduled check-in time in order for payment of any additional charges. Travelers who are over the weight limit or size restrictions are required to pack their baggage.
Egyptair offers special baggage costs to sporting equipment in excess of the complimentary baggage allowance. These sports equipments can be checked as baggage: archery, ammunition equipment, bicycles and firearms, fishing gear and golf equipment, as well as skiing equipment and snowboards. This equipment for sports should be shipped in cargo form: tandem bikes hanging gliders, kayaks and surfboards.
Visit Egyptair.comfor more information.
This page’s information is correct and accurate as of the date of its publication. Since airlines have the option to modify their policy at any moment Check Egyptair.com for the latest and accurate baggage regulations.