Today we are going to focus on this topic How To Clean Car Seats Fabric Yourself so that all your questions about it are resolved.
There are dozens of products on the market that claim to be the best (not fail) to clean car seats. Many of them are specific to certain types of stains. You can find them on the shelves of gas stations, specialty stores for vehicle repair and even in the car section of any large area. Among all the existing offer, there are two ways of acting:
How To Clean Car Seats Fabric Yourself: Specific cases
In the car we carry out endless activities that can cause a wide variety of stains on the upholstery of our vehicle. The best solution for any type of stain is to act quickly and concisely, but not all are easy to remove and much less you must follow the same procedures to eradicate them
The first step you should take is more than clear: remove the stain from the guy quickly with a little soap and a cloth, a sponge or paper. Now, after the first round, what should you do? We leave you here what are the next steps to take depending on the type of stain:
- Mud: Use a dry brush first to remove the thickest. After a while, clean the area again with the brush moistened with water.
- Chewing gum: It is the most feared along with grease or oil stains. To remove it, you must first harden it with ice and carefully remove it later with a spatula.
- Coffee or tea: Who hasn’t had a coffee in the car on the way to work? To end this common stain, use cold water and glass cleaner.
- Chocolate: They are not difficult to remove using liquid soap and a damp cloth. Some people use dry soap, rub and wait for a while before rubbing again.
- Fat or oil: It is without a doubt the most feared stain. To get rid of it, there is no effective home remedy but try mixing water with a little decrease. Remember that they are the most rebellious, that’s why there are people who use diluted glycerin to kill them.
- Children Vomit: Advice especially aimed at all those who get dizzy on trips and parents with young children. Use soap and water as soon as possible to remove the stain and rub. If you see that you damage the upholstery by rubbing or the unpleasant smell does not go away, go with your car to a site specialized in interior cleaning, as it is not always completely removed. Remember that stomach acids can dust upholstery so acting quickly is vital.
- Makeup: For this type of stains alcohol goes very well. Mix a small amount with the delicate laundry detergent. This mixture is usually enough, but some people use a makeup remover. If you use it, go slowly as it can react and damage the upholstery.
- Blood: Usually removed with dry foam mixed with salt water or a mild detergent. If the stain is dry, add a little glycerin.
- Ink: We have all stained our t-shirt or pants with a pen, the upholstery of the car was not going to be an exception. To remove it, combine alcohol and water in equal parts in a container and then apply it on the stain.
- General cleaning
- Not only is it important to react quickly to each of the stains mentioned above, it is also advisable to take care of the condition of the upholstery with regular cleaning with some frequency. Take it easy, we are also going to tackle this topic in depth so that you do not have any doubts about it.
How To Clean Car Seats Fabric Yourself: Cleaning
- Surface dirt : To achieve a perfect result, first vacuum the upholstery with the help of a powerful vacuum cleaner. Do not forget each and every one of the folds of the seats, as well as the backrest as it is where more dirt accumulates. Do it from inside the seat to the outside, to facilitate the “drag” of the dirt.
- Soap and water : After vacuuming all the seats, catch the sponge soaked in soap and water and thoroughly clean the fabric. This does not mean that you do it with such force that you damage the tissue. So, smooth but effective. As with the vacuum cleaner, wipe the sponge from the inside out.
- Rub : If there are still stains it is important that you continue cleaning the upholstery but now with the help of dry foam. This type of detergent works like stain removers on clothes. You have to apply it, let it dry and then remove it with a dry cloth. Works great with some wet spots.
- To finish : Remove the foam with a rag and, for the smallest residues, use a vacuum cleaner (if possible, the result will be perfect). Finally, use a dust catcher cloth.
If you want to achieve a perfect result, there are special nourishing creams for leather upholstery. They should be applied from time to time, especially if the car spends long periods in the sun. Stains in this type of upholstery require special products that are usually expensive but should be purchased to avoid damaging the leather.